British design and manufacturer of contact lens cases
Contact Lens Case care for Healthy Eyes
As you might probably know you are supposed to clean or soak your contact lenses on a regular basis. But what about caring for your contact lens case? When you do not follow the proper steps to clean a contact lens case it can become a breeding ground for bacteria and other critters which can possibly can result in an infection via your contact lens case.
The following steps on how to clean your contact lens case will help keep your lenses healthy and fresh to help you avoid any eye irritation:
- After inserting in your contact lenses, empty all lens solution from the contact lens case (never re-use your contact lens solution).
- Rinse the contact lens case with clean lens solution and rub the inside of the contact lens case with your clean fingers.
- Dry your contact lens case by turning it upside down without the caps on until you’re ready to store the contact lenses again. If your case has silver nitrate lining, keep the contact lens caps on.
- If necessary, you can occasionally use the dishwasher to disinfect your contact lens case or you can boil it on the stove for five minutes to achieve the same result.
- Replace your contact lens case every three months or 4 times a year at minimum. You can order FREE contact lens cases from www.digicase.com
If you stick to these guide lines and look after your contact lens cases then they will look after your eyes… after all you only have one pair.
For more information on contact lens cases and accessories please contact us at www.optipak.net
Optipak are the world leaders in the manufacturer of contact lens accessories and all our products are manufactured under strict medical guidelines.